Join Our Team
Lyons Landscaping Ltd. is continually looking for motivated individuals to be all-round team players. If you thrive on customer service, working in a friendly team environment, being active, and having a unique blend of tasks, Lyons is the place for you. We look forward to accepting your application and having you on our team.
Reasons to work with Lyons
- Meet and present estimates to clients
- Establish and acquire necessary materials for projects
- Create estimates for both residential and commercial projects
- Manage construction projects from conception to completion
- Manage a team of skilled technicians for carrying out custom projects.
- Scheduling and coordination of subcontractors
- Develop and monitor a budget for projects and implement cost savings
- Prepare internal and external reports
- Attend sites to inspect construction quality
- Complete assessments and mitigate risks
- Monitor changes of scope and issue change orders as required
- Meet with site supervisors to ensure projects are meeting quality and time frame requirements
- Track all project costs throughout duration of the project and compare to budget.
- Apply for and obtain permits and licences when necessary
- Prioritizing and multitasking between multiple projects and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Build relationships with clients, subcontractors, supplies and site supervisors
- Ensures all safety polices and procedures are being met on your job sites.
- Complete projects within scheduled time frame while meeting budgets
- Ensure quality installation standards are being met
- Minimum five (5) years of experience and understanding of the construction or Landscaping industry
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as a Project Manager
- Ability to manage and seek our new leads
- Valid drivers licence, with clear abstract
- Must speak, read and write English
- Ability to travel when working on out of town projects
- Must have experience estimating large commercial projects
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Can read, understand, and negotiate terms of contact agreements
- Experience in working in the construction, and/or landscape industry
- Proven ability to problem solve, mitigate future obstacle’s and recommend corrective actions when necessary
- Proven decision-making skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to use a tablet at proficient level.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working with Dynascape, operating equipment, and landscaping installation would be an asset
Skilled Landscape Technician (Lead hand)Lyons Landscaping Ltd. is continually looking for motivated individuals to be all-round team players. If you thrive on customer service, working in a friendly team environment, being active and having a unique blend of tasks, Lyons Landscaping is the place for you to build your career. We are currently seeking skilled landscaping technicians to join our team. Successful applicants must have a minimum of 2 years experience in the landscaping industry. Must be a self starter and be able to work in a team environment. If you feel you have the qualities of a strong leader and a willingness to grow with our company, we want to hear from you. Responsibilities and Duties Lay brick, concrete blocks, stone and other similar hardscape materials to construct Face, Size, cut and lay stones Use and operate various hand tools, power tools and equipment necessary to complete job tasks Build patios, garden/retaining walls and other decorative installations Lay sod or seed: grading(soil): and tree staking Plant trees, shrubs, flowers and bulbs Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications to assist with landscape constructions Relay messages from forman to other team members Work in accordance withal local health and safety laws and regulations Move and transport material using shovels, wheelbarrows, carts, dollies and manual lifting Assists with management of on site day to day operations Performs regular preventative maintenance on tools and equipment Qualifications and Skills Physically fit and has the ability to lift up to 75lbs Prove ability to displays leadership qualities Valid class 5 drivers licence, with clear abstract Strong work ethic Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team Proven decision-making skills Ability to use a smart phone or data-enabled device for communication and reporting Ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines Strong attention to detail Sound communication and interpersonal skills Ability to operate equipment safely Experience in dealing with irrigation systems would be considered and asset Installation experience in Allan block and paver stones would be an asset Availability to work early mornings with a flexible start time Ability to travel for out of town jobs Experience with hauling materials and equipment, using truck and trailer Preference would be given for applicants that can operate skid steer loaders and excavators proficiently Required experience Landscaping: 2 years Required license or certification: Class 5 Drivers License
Seeking an experienced fencing technician. The successful applicant must have experience in chain link fencing, other fencing experience is considered an asset. The candidate must be a self starter and be able to work in a team environment.
If you feel you have the qualities of a strong leader and a willingness to grow with company, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform fence installation on residential and commercial properties, including but not limited to chain link and wood fence
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times while on job site
- Record daily tasks and events accurately
- Must arrive onsite on time and stay on task throughout day
- Read plans and forecast material and equipment
- Solve problems and obstacles as they come up on job site
- Operate small tools and equipment
Qualifications and Skills
- Applicant must hold a class 5 licence or higher.
- Provide a clean drivers abstract
- Be in good physical shape, and be able to lift 50lbs
- Candidate must have knowledge of basic compute skills and be able to operate tablet
- Applicant must love to work outdoors
- Ability to operate small equipment
- Preference to applicants that are able to operate a skid steer loader safely
- Welding skills will be considered an asset for applicants