WE WANT YOU! This isn’t just a job, build a career with us!
We want to see you succeed and have the ability to earn more $$ and learn new skills with our awesome team!
Perks to working with our awesome team include:
- Flexible working hours- get every second Friday off!
- Company vehicle to and from work during landscape season (foreman only)
- We pay $$ towards your phone bill! (foreman only)
- Extended health, dental benefits, life and long-term disability coverage
- Mark’s work warehouse discount
- Love gardening and plants? You get a discount on products in the garden centre
- You get a workout in while doing your daily tasks so you can skip the gym!
- Transparent organizational structure with clear job expectations to help you succeed
- A team based and collaborative environment
- Open door policy- our people are our most important asset so we love to listen and help however we can
- Paid training, growth, and professional development opportunities to further your career
- Openness to new and innovative ideas- if you have some great ideas, we want to hear them!
- Detailed onboarding and initial training to get you up to speed before your first day
- Do you care about the environment? Lyons is reducing our carbon footprint by reducing paper, and implementing technology and EV cars
- Employee referral program- takes a great person to know a great person!
- Work life balance- your family is important to us
- Frequent company celebrations, community events and awards ceremonies
- Company swag
What does your day look like?
- Effectively lead a landscape construction crew- providing training and development to crew members and providing quality workmanship
- Monitor job progress for efficient completion of project (if in a foreman role)- evaluating hours on site to estimate, seeking change orders for additional work
- Install a variety of landscape features including retaining walls, paver walkways and patios, verti-block, planting of shrubs and trees, and installation of irrigation systems
- Operate skid steers and various sizes of excavators
- Operate hand and power tools safely
- Maintain a clean and safe work site, truck, and trailer- conducting daily tailgate meetings in the morning with the crew
- Work on our snow removal team during the winter for year-round work
What makes you the right fit for this role?
- Professional landscape installation experience required
- Ability to confidently install all aspects of landscaping and monitor jobs successfully (if in a foreman role)
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence with a clear record required
- Previous experience towing a truck and trailer required
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Willingness to work as a team and learn new skills
- Ability to use a phone or tablet for time tracking and emails
- Ability to operate a skid steer and excavator at an advanced level
- Ability to travel out of town on occasion (LOA and accommodations provided to you!)
- Meet our exceed our core value requirements
Our core values include:
- Pride in everything we do
- Ability to adapt
- Results Driven
- We have fun
Do you have what it takes to be a great example of these core values? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Salary: $25.00-$37.00 per hour