Do you want to join an award-winning team? Unleash your creativity in landscape design? Build a career, be a part of growing brand who gives back to the community and make your mark in the landscape industry!
Lyons is located in beautiful Kamloops, BC and would require this position to be able to relocate here!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team who genuinely love the industry, have a passion for their trade and feel like family!
Lyons is committed to providing our team core values to lead with and enable strong decision making. These core values include:
- Pride in everything we do
- Ability to adapt
- Results Driven
- We have fun
Do you have what it takes to be a great example of these core values? If so, we would love to hear from you!
What we have to offer to you:
- Extended health, dental benefits, life and long-term disability coverage from day one
- Love gardening and plants? You get a discount on products in the garden centre
- A team based and collaborative environment
- Open door policy- our people are our most important asset so we love to listen and help however we can
- Paid training, growth, and development opportunities
- Openness to new and innovative ideas- if you have some great ideas, we want to hear them!
- Do you care about the environment? Lyons is reducing our carbon footprint by reducing paper, and implementing technology and EV cars
- Employee referral program- takes a great person to know a great person!
- Work life balance- your family is important to us
- Flexibility in your work schedule to meet your daily needs
- Don’t love being in the office all day? You get an opportunity to be out in the field frequently for site and team visits
- Frequent company celebrations, community events and awards ceremonies
Are there certain perks that are more important to you than others? We may be able to do a la carte for you!
Your day to day will look like:
- Performing site visits to meet with clients and do a site assessment
- Creating conceptual landscape design on Dynascape
- Preparing commercial and residential landscape bids/estimates- accurately detailing scope of work, labour and materials
- Working with our clients to develop their dream landscape project
- Working alongside our construction crews to assist with project management
As a Landscape Estimator/Designer you will:
- Have a strong background in the landscape construction/horticulture industry
- Have previous experience estimating landscape construction and will have previous experience designing landscapes with Dynascape
- Meet all five of our core values
- Be focused on the client experience and delivering the client’s vision
- Have an attention to detail for preparation of estimates and bid packages
- Have sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Have strong computer and technical skills for estimating and design software, Microsoft Office, and Outlook
- Be able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$37.00 per hour