Does your current position end for the winter and you’d like a seasonal job? Or do you want to earn some extra money while still maintaining your full-time job? We could be just what you are looking for!
Join our team of experts for snow season in a primary or part time on call plow and truck position- we can guarantee you will have a blast!
Lyons is committed to providing our team core values to lead with and enable strong decision making. These core values include:
- Pride in everything we do
- Ability to adapt
- Results Driven
- We have fun
Do you have what it takes to be a great example of these core values? If so, we would love to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Use a plow truck to remove snow from residential and commercial properties
- Apply sand, salt, or other products as needed
- Conduct pre and post trip inspections
- Utilize a cell phone or tablet to track time, take before and after photos, and detailed notes
What we need from you:
- Reliable and able to be on call for when weather permits
- Outgoing, friendly & responsible with excellent interpersonal skills
- Motivated & mature with ability to work without direct supervision
- Must be able to work a flexible and unpredictable schedule- shifts are based off when it snows
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Class 5 licence with a clear record preferred but will consider a class 7 licence
- A functioning cell phone to be able to receive calls and texts for call outs
- Comfortable driving large trucks and navigating hazards
- Previous experience operating a plow truck and sander considered an asset
Perks to joining our awesome snow team:
- Competitive hourly wages
- Cell phone allowance for primary position holders
- You get to operate some of the latest and greatest snow removal equipment with one of BC Interior’s largest snow removal companies
- Work with a fantastic group of people who make you feel like you’ve worked with us for years!
- Help keep our community safe and parking lots snow and ice free!
- Opportunity for advancement and year-round work
- A team based and collaborative environment
- Extended health, dental, long-term disability, and life insurance available for our year-round full-time team
- Open door policy- our people are our most important asset so we love to listen and help however we can
- Do you care about the economy? Lyons is reducing our carbon footprint by reducing paper, and implementing technology and EV cars
- Employee referral program- takes a great person to know a great person!
*wages are based on experience in snow removal
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under further consideration will be contacted.
Salary: $22.00-$28.00 per hour