Do you love working with customers? Do you have a passion for horticulture and gardening? Do you want to work with a fantastic team who shares the same interests and has fun learning and growing together? This is the place for you!
These positions will have start dates staggered between April 1st and April 30th. This is a seasonal role, finishing approximately the end of Summer.
This is an awesome opportunity to work with some of the kindest and most driven people! You will feel like you have worked here your whole life because our team has strong core values they follow!
Lyons is committed to providing our team with these core values which include:
- Pride in everything we do
- Ability to adapt
- Results Driven
- We have fun
Do you have what it takes to be a great example of these core values? If so, we would love to hear from you!
What we have to offer you:
- Do you love gardening and plants? You get a discount on products in the garden centre for being on the team!
- A team-based and collaborative environment
- Do you love being creative at work? Help us build beautiful plant and product displays!
- Open door policy- our people are our most important asset so we love to listen and help however we can
- Paid training, growth, and development opportunities
- Openness to new and innovative ideas- if you have some great ideas, we want to hear them!
- Do you care about the environment? Lyons is reducing our carbon footprint by reducing paper and implementing technology and EV cars
- Employee referral program- takes a great person to know a great person!
- Work-life balance- your family is important to us
- Flexibility in your work schedule to meet your daily needs- we offer a range of full-time seasonal to part-time positions!
- Frequent company celebrations, community events and awards ceremonies
What you will be doing:
- Assist customers with plants/products and questions
- Utilize a POS system to ring customer orders through
- Create a welcoming environment for all Lyons customers and teammates
- Share in plant care/watering and daily housekeeping tasks
- Assist with inventory management and stocking
- Bag various products and assist customers with loading products into vehicles
- Load customers with bulk products (if able to operate a skid steer)
What you will need:
- Weekday, weekend, and holiday availability with flexibility in varying days/hours
- Strong team working and communication skills
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Valid class 7 or higher licence with a clear abstract
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to resolve retail and/or customer issues with excellent customer service
- Must be capable of working in multiple weather conditions and standing for long periods of time
Additional assets that you may have:
- A good working knowledge of nursery stock and horticultural products
- Previous experience operating a skid steer
- Previous nursery/greenhouse/garden centre experience and/or a horticulture diploma
- Pesticide handling license or certificate
We thank all those who apply, however, we will only be contacting those we wish to move forward within the hiring process.